Saturday 16 April 2011

THE WILD TRAIL

In the symposium of drunkard
Someone called my name -
To offer me the final glass of
Ceremonial formality, I didn’t
Reach near you as crowd pushed
Back me, while a distance amid
Remained as usual my friend
We never reached to conclusion
Accusations have its own
Essence, several desires died
Before to attain the climax, its life
Dark, dense clouds in the twilight
Covered the blues, rapid wind
Predicted storms arrival, you didn’t
Tried to break the prophesy, I
Waited till midnight, gradually all
The clouds disappeared, stars
Have shown their existence forever
Night had its own priority
Priest closed the iron gate of temple
Let the emotion rest for a while
All deities perhaps talked about
The planet, including our relation
That never turned to devotion
Nevertheless, it was not so late
Dawn is inescapable, life says –
Just wait, let sun rise, keep your
Expectation alive, somewhere the
The blank milestone is waiting!
What’s wrong if one promise is -
Broken, this wild trails have to make
The way amongst the thick forest –

- SHANTANU SANYAL

No comments:

Post a Comment