Thursday 1 June 2023

Promised Land

In the search for Promised Land
We had been roaming from
Savannah, Sahara to foothills of
Himalayas towards the ocean end,
Prior to the continental, drift,
I met you in different places, how
Could it be said that we have no
Relation, in that grand migration
Near the Jordan River, in the
The beach of Dead Sea I assured you,
The planet would be one day
More beautiful than paradise,
In the corner of pyramid, we dreamt
A morning with love and blessing,
In the meeting point of Nile
Moreover, Mediterranean Sea, you
Loved me with completeness,
Later I encountered it again in
The valley of the Indus, in the lush
Green field, I have seen you in the
Temple stairs of the Ganges offer the
Sacred flower to the rising sun,
I heard your divine voice in the
Misty evening, the song of unknown
Sailor of the boat, in the stable waves
Whispering, I don’t know, never
Think, you are different from me,
A homogeneous dream among us,
Appealed to live together, the
Reflection of tears, smiles, cheerfulness
Depressed face, have no religion,
How could they say, you are not
Related to me, not included in my
Planet, the origin terrain of our
Exodus may be far away but our
Search for promised land is continued,
- SHANTANU SANYAL

No comments:

Post a Comment